I finally decided to do it and get a new “Do”
What do you think??
Photo Credit: Daily Celeb
This entry was posted
on Thursday, August 21st, 2008 at 11:18 am and is filed under Hair, Red Carpet Events.
You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed.
You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.
Wow, is this the 4th Jonas Brother rocking the red carpet??!!
Here’s the thing(s):
1. You cut your hair just as we all got to know you and it. At first, it was like, who is this really wealthy real-estate broker with the bravo show and the beatles haircut. (though, not quite beatles, psuedo beatles in a good way)
2. Now it’s like, the one thing that we thought would be held constant, the one thing we could count on not changing, your signature psuedo mop top, now it’s different. I do believe that your haircut kept the universe in synchronicity for at least 3 episodes. I’m troubled, you know, but I think it’s going to be o.k.
3. Just as your hair style is beginning to be imitated, and i’m not shitting you about this, you cut it. You’ve heard of “fashionably late”, well this move is indeed fashionably early. It’s like you’re ahead of the curve. By the time the hair style caught on, you have already moved on, which is by definition, “fashionably early”.
4. The only conflict is that just as people on the web started to make wise cracks about it, or about the time that the wise cracks became cliche, you cut your hair. It doesn’t look like you bowed to the pressure, but for a moment, people will consider that. See, even though that’s clearly not the case, you must always remember that if people are poking fun at you, especially to the degree that they have, it’s the ultimate form of flattery. Ask yourself: do you kid with anyone you don’t like? No. They like you, that’s why they kid you about your hair. Trust me, it’s flattery, and it means you’ve made it as a pop culture icon.
5. The good news is that you didn’t go too drastic with a hair style change. Really, it’s a perfect move in that regard. Just enough to change it up a little bit, it looks fashionable, and honestly generates some buzz. I found this blog because another blog was blogging about your hair change. I was like, no, really? So see, I wanted to see your new hair do. Though, I thought it would be more of a change. I’m glad that it’s not. This way, you can resurrect elements of the former hair style at anytime you want. Really though, I wish you hadn’t changed it. It’s not that I don’t like the new style, it’s that I think that your hair held the universe in perfect synchronicity.
6. The bottom line: As long as YOU like it, does it matter what anyone says or thinks? No. You know by now that bloggers enjoy kidding you for the reasons I’ve already mentioned. As long as you look in the mirror, feel confident, that is really what it’s all about. Incidentally, I’m bald. LOL! So see, as long as you don’t lose your hair, you have nothing to worry about. Cuz I have to tell you, it truly sucks. I’m rocking the baldy now and I look like a goddamn skinhead. Truly sad as I am only 30. So see, it’s probably us baldy writers who kid the most. Yes, hair jealousy!!!
7. I absolutely love the way you have handled the kidding. It’s really classy and a great move. You are showing that you are every bit as confident as the show portrays you. Good job. Figured we’d write you to let you know that all of us out here in blog land, even the ones who sometimes take the jokes too far, are really on your side and genuinely find you interesting. Hope to see you in future television shows. You’re keeping us in business. Thanks.
MUCH improved! Looks great.
The new cut is very refreshing. It really brings out your eyes. I am a total fan.
THANK GOD! You couldn’t really tell what a good looking guy he was under that horrid bob!
I was reading Bravo’s site and saw you had cut your hair; it was not that big of a change in the photo, but you still look nice. I would like to see you with the shorter, spiked hair look so we could see your face. You appear to be such a nice young man on the show and I imagine that is because you were raised with money and did not just “come into it.” It hurt me to hear how you need your father’s approval of all that you do. Be proud of who you are and I am sure you make your father proud every day. God Bless You. I just love the show and I am 60 years old.
Finally! I personally think that you still need to go a bit shorter in the front, you are still hiding your face, and I can’t for the life of me understand why you want to do that. But it is definitely an improvement. Baby steps, I guess, but please don’t wait too long to make the next step, you won’t believe the difference it will make.
The new cut looks great, but I thought that your previous style also suited you. I admire your business ethics and your style. MDL is a fun show to watch and I hope that there will be another season. Best wishes for your continued personal and business success!
i think you would look even beter if you went a lot shorter. you still look hotttttttttttt though!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Chad, that is a HUGE improvement! Looks SO much better! You could go a bit shorter still, but this looks great! Good for you!
As a Real Estate Professional, Chad, you did the right thing in tweaking the hair do! It did look like a bowl cut and truly hid your nice face and eyes! I also think it could still be a bit shorter to show off the eyes more!
From another professional Realtor.
Of course, do whatever you wish with your hair — although I share a previous poster’s compulsion to reach through the set and cut it to get it out of your eyes, and off your face.
If I were choosing, I also would make it shorter, but not spiky. Just trim and neat.
What I did like that is important — more so than your hairdo — is your refusal to lie for a client, or for anyone else. That’s an important value, and I hope you can cling to it in the fast-paced, high-pitched world in which you live.
Looks a little like John Mayer here:
You could go a little more in this direction:
i love the look. u r so hottt. the shorter the bett er. baby steps though. i’ll talk hair with u any time.
total jonas brothers. like a cross between joe, kevin, and nick. more of jor though
Chad, I think you look sssoooo much more confident with your new ‘do! No more hair to hide behind! I enjoy your show!
Thank god! Though its really only a slight variation of that hideous bowl,its a 100% improvement! I really disliked you at first on the show,and I have to say I couldnt get past the hair,plastic I know,but you really are a remarkably driven young man,and I think you are a good example for young people today,so keep up the good work,and go SHORTER!
I’m so glad you cut your hair! We can actually see your ears and forehead now. It needs to go even shorter!
I just started watching your show, and have seen all of them in a matter of a few days, thanks to TIVO. I’m amazed at why such a handsome person would seemingly make an effort to hide himself! I couldn’t stand the bowl cut. This is much much better, but I agree with many of the commenters that if you cut it even shorter, you’d bring out those gorgeous eyes!
Why oh why, what on earth did you like about the bowl cut? I’m seriously curious, and can’t find an explanation from you, or haven’t yet, of what it was about the bowl cut.
Chad- Better….a little more edgie next cut! Lookin good..
Thank God, you cut that off! When I saw you using your fingers in the car to fix the bowl/helmet whatever that was growing and addition then hair, I was like he needs to get rid of the road kill on his head. I think you should go shorter and leave the front the way it is.
Thank you JESUS, he has a face!
Love it. Looks way better.
AWWWW!!!. I really like the cut. It is really nice on you and very flattering. I have to actually admit, you and madison were my favorite real estate agents on the show. I hope Victoria loves your hair.
go a lot SHORTER. i love u though.
Love the new haircut! Enjoy the show, can’t wait for the new shows!!
Looks great chad!
I liked the new do too, but every once in a while, you have to try something new!
i loved ur old hair but this one is good to but it wont be long until it grows back
I didn’t want you to cut it….but…………I LOVE IT!!!!
Well I must say I love it! Now what is Joel Mchale from Talk soup on E! going to make fun of now that you have a new hair do . I look forward to the new season. L o v e the show love you Chad never change .
Could be shorter
I like it, but you could go shorter in the front. You and your mother have the same bangs! When I want to make a real estate deal worth millions, I’m going for the guy without the sunglasses and without hair in his eyes. Too high schoolish.
Much better! Your a good looking guy but we could not see you through the goofy hair. I agree with Heather – go shorter. Love the show!!
I think you are adorable!!!!! I dated a guy that somewhat had hair like yours and I love it, it makes you unique. Your new do is really nice as well. I love you on the show and hope your on forever!!!! Your a doll!!!!!!!!
nice..but u could go even shorter. you’ve got such good bone structure–but it gets lost when you have so much hair..
beats the mushroom tho,hahah. looks MUCH better Chad.
Oh Chad! You HAVE to post this video in the Hair category!
Especially with guests asking about your eyebrows (which are clearly visible in the video!).
And personally, I would love it if you’d post photos of all the different “Mr. Rogers” looks! You’ve sported more exciting styles than the one for which you’re now most famous!
Big improvement! Looking forward to the next season. Great show!
well its about time u cut it, but its not that different. i’ve been a stylist for over 10years and could think of better things to do with your hair. its not bad, but its not good. get the f*ing hair out of your eyes!! trust me, i used to have a fringe like that(i’m a girl) and at the time thought it looked good. then i look back at pics and am like wtf?! people would ask me all the time how i had my fringe like that and in my eyes, it didn’t bother me, cuz we both know how to use the spray!lol! but lets get real and do more of a vidal sassoon cut. nothing crazy, just step it up!
looks perfect–I liked the old look too though–it was quite distinctive.
Nah, the fringe is awesome – keep it longer and cool – maybe not as much bowl, but the fringe is COOL.
I think it’s great you came to terms with cutting it. I absolutely love the show and I’m ready for more! You are a hottie so any hair cut will look good!
Hey Chad, I am the Rral Estate Appraiser from Florida who emailed you (& you replied) several months ago. Partially re: haircut. Good for you!!! You look great. Excellent decision.
Mail (will not be published) (required)
Chad talks celebrity real estate with CNN
Mar. 28th 2013
Chad answers real estate questions from fans on KCAL 9 News
Feb. 26th 2013
Realtor.com interviews Chad on his 2013 goals
Jan. 23rd 2013
Chad chats with the Los Angeles Times
Jan. 22nd 2013
Pop Candies TV finds Chad at Chateau Marmont
Jan. 05th 2013
Chad’s is quoted in Forbes on Malibu Colony
Dec. 24th 2012